Recently, arguments have emerged that a universal source exists from which it is automatically possible to derive binding due diligence obligations for states in relation to all forms of activities. Specifically, these claims contend that international law imposes a general obligation on states to act with due diligence to prevent their territory being used for activity which harms the rights of other states, and that this obligation is not restricted or confined to particular forms of activities. These arguments have been advanced by academic initiatives in the context of debates over the application of international law to cyberspace. They are noteworthy because they have influenced the positions of an increasing number of mostly European states who have made remarkable statements that have significant implications beyond the cyber context. Indeed, if these arguments receive widespread acceptance from states, it would constitute a radical broadening of obligations of conduct for s...
A Prayer for the Striving Soul Longing for Stillness By Keri Eichberger “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” – Psalm 46:10 I could hardly believe it. I’d dreamed of this moment every hour for 30 days straight since I committed to the big undertaking. Never had I written such a large presentation in my life, and it was finally finished. I relentlessly poured my heart and soul into crafting the perfect message in hopes of impacting lives. And when the task was complete, I tanked. I was more ready than ever to recharge and soak in some serious rest, but I couldn’t. The struggle to stop and be still was so real. In a spiraling daze, I opened my iPhone to-do list to gladly check off the last line. Only to find the next item glaring back at me, along with the temptation to take on just one more thing. Should I stop for a breath of stillness? Or steam-roll ahead and continue on? I wonder if you are ...
In an innovative fusion of art, design, and engineering, architect Marc Fornes / THEVERYMANY and Porsche created My Two Cars Garage , a geometric pavilion crafted to celebrate the debut of the all-electric Porsche Macan. Showcased during Singapore Art Week, this structure brings together cutting-edge design principles and the shared ethos of both collaborators – performance, precision, and aesthetic excellence. The partnership between Porsche’s Michael Mauer and Marc Fornes, founder of THEVERYMANY, represents a blend of distinct yet complementary design philosophies. Mauer’s focus on clarity, functionality, and dynamic tension aligns seamlessly with Fornes’ signature techniques of Essentialism (“what you see is all there is, yet it’s so much more”), Specificity (“each part has a unique position and purpose”), and Frozen Tension (“where strength is derived from geometry, not material”). Together, their work transcends conventional design, creating a pavilion that serves not only as...
Comments
Post a Comment